Add the timeless beauty of feature film quality to your production work
Elegant, sophisticated and jam packed with the latest digital cinema technology, Blackmagic Cinema Camera gives your work that timeless feature film look! Blackmagic Cinema Camera features an amazing 2.5K image sensor with a wide 13 stops of dynamic range for a true digital film camera. You get a built-in SSD recorder, popular open standard uncompressed RAW and compressed file formats, compatibility with quality EF and ZF mount lenses, LCD touchscreen monitoring plus metadata entry, all packed into an exciting hand held design!
Move to Digital Film
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a high resolution sensor with wide dynamic range so it’s perfect for independent film, television commercials and episodic television production. DaVinci Resolve software for Mac™ and Windows™ is included so you can work at the highest quality and get the best results. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is both affordable and a complete solution because it includes a built-in recorder and monitoring, so it’s perfect for displacing video-only cameras for work such as sporting events, weddings, music videos and more!
13 Stop Dynamic Range
Regular video cameras clip video so you are locked into images that look cheap. Blackmagic Cinema Camera eliminates this problem as it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops into 12-bit DNG files, so your images look truly cinematic. This preserves detail in both shadows and highlights, and even handles indoor shots while keeping the details of any images captured through windows. This means you keep all sensor data so you can make creative decisions during DaVinci Resolve color grading!
Building one of the finest cameras in the world requires attention to every detail. Blackmagic Cinema Camera’s premium quality design features a machined aluminum chassis, interchangeable optics, high resolution 2.5K sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and 12-bit RAW uncompressed and compressed file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality, so this means you always get the quality you need for the most demanding work.
EF Compatible Lens Mount
With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you can use the most amazing optics from the world’s leading lens crafters such as Canon, Zeiss and many more. Blackmagic Cinema Camera is compatible with EF and ZF mount lenses, so you can use the lenses you already own! With Blackmagic Cinema Camera you are not locked into any specific lens and you can choose the lens you need based on the creative style of your shot! Blackmagic Cinema Camera allows full electronic control of your lens, so you can simply point, set iris and focus on command!
Blackmagic Cinema Camera is the first camera to feature built-in metadata entry so your files include information compatible with popular editing software. This dramatically speeds up the whole post production process! Entering metadata is easy. Simply tap the capacitive LCD touchscreen to display the slate where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more! You can even set shot number and other data to increment automatically!
Built-in SSD Recorder
Blackmagic Cinema Camera features a built-in SSD recorder that allows 2.5K uncompressed CinemaDNG RAW 12-bit capture as well as Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD compressed video formats. All file formats are open standard and used by NLE software so you get the only camera designed from the ground up to be part of a whole post production workflow! When you’ve finished shooting, simply connect the SSD to your computer and edit or color your shots straight from the disk!
What SSD’s should I use with the Blackmagic Cinema Camera?
SSD’s which are qualified for RAW CinemaDNG video capture will also work well for compressed video capture. There are some SSD’s which we have tested and found to drop frames when capturing RAW CinemaDNG video. However, they still work well when capturing compressed video.
The following SSD’s are recommended for RAW CinemaDNG video capture:
- OCZ 240GB Vertex 3 (VTX3-25SAT3-240G)
- OCZ 480GB Vertex 3 (VTX3-25SAT3-480G)
- OCZ 240GB Deneva 2 (firmware 2.22) (D2CSTK251M21-0240)
- Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD (SSDSC2CT240A4K5)
- Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD (SSDSC2CW240A310)
- Intel 520 Series 480GB SSD (SSDSC2CW480A310)
- Kingston 120GB SSDNow V 200 (SVP200S3/120G)
- Kingston 240GB SSDNow V 200 (SVP200S3/240G)
- Kingston HyperX 240GB (SH100S3/240G)
- Sandisk Extreme 240GB (SDSSDX-240G-G25)
- Sandisk Extreme 480GB (SDSSDX-480G-G25)
- PNY 240GB Prevail SSD (firmware 5.0.2) (SSD9SC240GCDA-PB)
- OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD (firmware 5.0.2) (OWCSSDMX6G240T)
- OWC 120GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G (Firmware Rev 5.0.7) (OWCSSDMX6G120T)
- OWC 240GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G (Firmware Rev 5.0.6) (OWCSSDMX6G240T)
- OWC 480GB Mercury Extreme Pro 6G (Firmware Rev 5.0.6) (OWCSSDMX6G480)
- Digistor 128GB SSD Professional Video Extreme (DIG-PVD128E, pre-formatted ExFat)
- Digistor 240GB SSD Professional Video Series (DIG-PVD240S, pre-formatted ExFat)
- Digistor 480GB SSD Professional Video Series (DIG-PVD480S, pre-formatted ExFat)
- Angelbird 240B AV Pro (Firmware 2.54)